Departure from your hotel or riad in Marrakech at around 8.30 in the morning, heading for the Haouz Plain, a strategic place to discover the various Berber villages of the region. Going on about 30 km you will reach the Ourika Valley, a unique and characteristic area of the Atlas mountains, inhabited by Berber tribes. The farthest point of this area, Setti Fatma, is 65 km from Marrakech.
The entire Valley is scattered with “douars” (villages) resting on the hills, and, wherever you lay your eyes, you will see streams flowing slowly across meadows, irrigation fields and orchards.
The picturesque landscape and the natural setting make it easy to understand why many Marrakech people have a second home here, or come on summer holidays to enjoy the fresh mountain air. There are many walks you can take from Setti Fatma (1500 m.a.s.l.), even though one of the most typical and appreciated is the one leading to a group of seven waterfalls.
After this short break from the frantic life of Marrakech, our guide will take you back to town, to your riad/hotel.
Included in the price
- Transportation as described
- 4×4 jeep vehicle, air-conditioned; for groups of over 6 people, air-conditioned minibus
- Driver guide speaking Italian, Spanish, English and French
- Fuel and transportation costs
- Exclusive service (not accompanied by other visitors)
Not included in the price
- Flights from and to your country
- Lunch and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- All that is not included under “Included in the price”